Spiga

Welcome!

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Recommended Reads

It's probably sensible to firstly say that.. haha.. I've been really busy during these few weeks that I'm back home. Outings with my KL friends, with my family, and recently with my Concord friends left me with little time which I usually spend in my room reading books, and researching up the KLSE (reading financial statements, annual reports, running up figures, basic accounting and all the lot). I haven't even been home for dinner for the last few days already. Come to think of it, it's just weird, that I'm busy.

Speaking of which there's one book which I highly recommend to everyone regardless of their interest.

Freakonomics / Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner

How do I put it..
(this book might be long overdued in review because I only recently picked this up while some friends have already read it months ago) this book is just mind-blowing. There are just so many facts and figures in it that you never really knew or thought of. The best chapters in the book are the ones on the Ku Klux Klan, crack dealers, and crime. Down to it's most basics, the book extends the use of economical application to real world scenarios, and how actions often have underlying motives and reasons.

Another book which is also recommended is
The Undercover Economist / Tim Harford.
This book, is unlike the previous book, touching more on basic economical principles. To quote from Wikipedia.

Book provides introductory information on principles of economics, including but not limited to demand-supply interactions, market failures, externalities, globalization, international trade, comparative advantage. It explains in non-technical terms how Starbucks and other coffee providers price their products, why it is hard to buy a decent used car, why the health insurance system in United States is failing, and why poor countries remain poor while the People's Republic of China grew continuously rich in last couple of decades, among other things.

Go go go read these books! They're really really good. Speaking of books, I think I shall wake up really early tomorrow (hopefully) to start queueing for my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at Popular Bookstore IOI Mall Puchong. Du~du~du..

0 people said this sucked: