Spiga

Welcome!

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

The Last Potter Book

I finally got my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!~!~! But this time around, I felt like I was missing something. During the past years, when a new Harry Potter book came out, I was always very eager to get my hands on one. I just wasn't feeling the same way I did last time when I bought this book. Probably it might be because there was a leak (a real leak, I've seen it) of the copy of the book in the internet.

Salon reports that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows has been leaked four days before it hits bookstores. It turns out that someone with access to the American edition of the book has taken a photograph of every one of the pages and made them available via bittorrent. Publishers may well be quaking in their boots, but in some places the quality is barely legible. On many pages the pirateer's hands are in the pictures with other pages needing a bit of Photoshopping just to make out the words. It appears many of the sites have been removing the content, naturally enough.
Source: Slashdot.org

I was supposed to wake up to get the book early in the morning right? But turns out my handphone alarm woke me up at 8, at 9, at 9.30, at 10, at 11, and then I woke up at 11.50am. (Had to reset the alarm everytime it woke me up). Shooot.. my mum drove me to IOI Mall to pick up the book, and I was expecting a queue at noontime. Turns out, there wasn't any. I just walked straight to the counter and picked up my pre-ordered copy along with a free Harry Potter T-Shirt.

So I've got it now!! Wahahaha, gonna read it the whole day today, along with the 6th book, since I forgot what happened in the 6th book. =P

Disclaimer: Having seen a copy of the leaked version on the net does not constitute that I've got a copy of the leaked version and neither did I download it off the internet. In plain words, I don't have it.

1 people said this sucked:

  流眼泪

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 1:45:00 am

I don't know how STUPID can the distributor be...
This kind of things also can happen in Malaysia...
Not professional at all!!